Insurance companies consider several factors while fixing car insurance rates for different customers. So, if you are aware of the factors, reduced rates and better coverage can be right at your fingertips. Let us take a look at what these factors are.
How to Reduce Car Insurance Rates
Insurance companies consider these while deciding car insurance rates:
- Maintain clean and accurate driving history to get the best insurance deals. You can search online for competitive insurance quotes and discounts.
- For cars older than five years, taking a comprehensive insurance does not make sense. This is because in case of an accident, insurers do not cover for expenses exceeding the car’s sale price. Hence, opt for insurance that pays for small damages.
- Students and young drivers are charged almost double the rates applicable for experienced drivers. This is done to cover the increased accident risk. The rates, however, decrease after a year and disappear after two years of accident-free driving. So, to decrease their insurance rates, young drivers must undergo proper training.
- Opt for preferential rate auto insurance if you do not intend to use the vehicle more than 10,000 km in a year.
- Discounts are given to low-risk drivers, the criteria for which include multiple vehicles, good student, low mileage, educated driver and multiple policies.
- Insurers also offer discounts for people working in stress-free professions, since they are less prone to distractions and hence, accidents, giving less liability for insurance companies.
- Insurers rate customers based on their number of claims. Other factors, such as age, gender, prior insurance coverage, place of residence, and vehicle make and model, also affect ratings.
- Being married also has more advantages than being single. This extends to decreased tax payments, getting double income, and enjoying low car insurance rates. If you are single, there are increased chances of your being overcharged.
Customers can also reduce their auto insurance rates by knowing their options and minimum coverage requirements. For instance, every state in the US has its own set of insurance requirements. Car owners must check with their state insurance departments or at reliable auto insurance portals such as autoinsurancequote for comprehensive information on vehicle insurance. This website also offers free insurance quotes from several top insurance companies, and caters to a variety of customer requirements.